Those who are ready to apply for Administrator positions should plan to attend the Aspiring Administrator’s Workshop. This workshop will be spread over two Saturday mornings and will include an opportunity to have your cover letter and resume reviewed as well as access to some valuable on-demand content. This workshop is appropriate for those applying for their first position in Administration as well as those who may be Assistant Principals ready to apply for Principal positions.
The Virtual Event Platform will open on Friday, February 26 and will close on Friday, March 12. During this time on-demand content can be accessed at any time and all live sessions will be recorded and available for viewing. Resumes and Cover letters will be due on February 15.
Workshop At A Glance:
February 27: Live Sessions (9AM - 12PM)
- Highly effective, experienced Assistant Principals and Principals from around the state will provide breakout sessions in an area of their own expertise.
- 3 Breakout Rounds
- Principal Panel Discussion
March 6: Live Sessions (9AM - 12PM)
- Highly effective, experienced Superintendents and Principals from around the state will conduct the practice interviews. All attendees will have an opportunity to field questions and get feedback on their responses.
- 3 Practice Interview Rounds
- Words of advice
- Resume and Cover Letter feedback and tips
- Interview Tips
- Researching a school/district using MiSchool Data and other sources
- Project Game Plan Activity
- Opportunities for Preparing Yourself to be an Administrator
- Administrator Certification