***This event has been sold out.***
Please click here to be placed on a waiting list.
On December 24, 2018, a number of new laws took effect around raising career awareness for Michigan Students:
- Schools must provide career development education at least once in elementary, middle school and high school.
- EDPs must be revised annually in grades 8-12. (They’ve been required of 7th graders since 2006.)
- Students must be afforded the opportunity to develop talent portfolios as part of the EDP process.
- Middle and High School students must have the opportunity to participate in a form of work-based learning and make connections with experts in a variety of fields.
- High School students must be provided with several specific pieces of information on various types of careers – including current and projected job opportunities and wage information.
- Students must be able to create a resume, request both a letter of recommendation and their academic record, and know how use a talent portfolio – all in 12th grade.
This one-day conference aims to shed light on Michigan’s new changes and inspire attendees to move beyond compliance toward a comprehensive career development program for all students.
Participants will earn up to 5 SCECHs at the conference.
*1-5 SCECHs can count towards School Counselor Professional Development Hours
Please use the blue "Resources" menu on the right for links to more information.
MASSP Cancellation Policy
Cancellations made seven (7) calendar days or more in advance of the training date, will receive a 100% refund. Cancellations made after this date, including no-shows, are nonrefundable. Registration fees may be transferred to another individual by contacting the MASSP office at (517) 327-5315.
In the event that MASSP must cancel a training due to unforeseen circumstances, including inclement weather, participants will be refunded the cost of registration or may credit the fee toward an upcoming training. MASSP does not assume responsibility for any additional costs, charges or expenses; to include, charges made for travel and lodging.