MASSP has partnered with the school law attorneys at Lusk Albertson to retool its resources for school administrators. Moving away from the old Model Student Handbook, MASSP and Lusk Albertson are proud to present the Legal Survival Guide. The name change to Legal Survival Guide more accurately reflects what the guide is – a collection of attorney-drafted, attorney-reviewed, and attorney-approved resources to help navigate the legal challenges all schools face. But this is much more than just a name change.
The Legal Survival Guide is divided into six information-packed sections:
- Model Student Code of Conduct;
- Student-focused policies and administrative regulations (including: attendance, FERPA, bullying, discipline, immunizations, medication, epinephrine auto-injectors, opioid antagonists, etc.)
- Annual Notifications
- General policies and administrative regulations (including: web accessibility, acceptable use, anti-discrimination, anti-harassment, teacher and student use of social media, etc.)
- Model forms (including: FERPA opt-out form, acknowledgment of receipt of the Student Code of Conduct, physical examinations and screenings opt-out, administration of medication to students, student self-administration of medication, administration of an epinephrine auto-injectors and asthma inhalers, etc.)
- A model table of contents for student handbooks.
*Now featuring a NEW Return to School addendum with important guidance related to Title IX , requiring masks and additional safety protocols!
With this purchase, members will have access to the Legal Survival Guide which is accessible via the MASSP website in a digital format. Various sections can be read and downloaded in PDF format for schools to use at their disposal.
The resources in the Legal Survival Guide will provide everything you need to make sure that your handbooks, student code, policies, and more are in tip-top shape for the start of the 2020-21 school year.