This event seeks to provide a knowledge and skill-building opportunity for middle and high school secretaries, administrative assistants and registrars. Office staff are key communicators who support every educator and student in the building- it is critical that they are afforded learning opportunities to maximize effectiveness.
Anya Lusk- Attorney with Lusk and Albertson will facilitate discussion around common legal scenarios encountered by office staff for group discussion and problem solving. Ms. Lusk will also provide a legal hot topic update on issues such as Title IX, FERPA, vaping and marijuana use.
Steve Seward, MASSP Associate Director will lead an activity that will allow participants to learn more about their own skills and aptitudes. Once realized, discussion will continue around how these strengths can best be applied for increased success in productivity, communication and working relationships.
A number of informational and interactive breakouts will be provided in key areas:
- The secretaries role in a crisis situation
- Educator evaluation 101 and how to assist with scheduling observations and evaluations
- Google drive, Google calendar, email tips and doodle for scheduling meetings.
- The legal requirement to "consider restorative practice" and why discipline may no longer be as prescriptive as it once was
- Warning signs of students with mental health issues
- No more office or paper...moving the principal out into the building
Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol
111 N. Grand Ave.
Lansing, MI 48933
Both Member & Non-Member Pricing is $200/person
MASSP Cancellation Policy
Cancellations made seven (7) calendar days or more in advance of the training date, will receive a 100% refund. Cancellations made after this date, including no-shows, are nonrefundable. Registration fees may be transferred to another individual by contacting the MASSP office at (517) 327-5315.
In the event that MASSP must cancel a training due to unforeseen circumstances, including inclement weather, participants will be refunded the cost of registration or may credit the fee toward an upcoming training. MASSP does not assume responsibility for any additional costs, charges or expenses; to include, charges made for travel and lodging.