Reflection. Intentionality. Reciprocal Learning. Impact.
We have all had that special person in our life who helped to guide and shape us into our best self. Typically this person was there to listen, advise and motivate. As we know, there is a great demand in the workplace for immediate results, and mentoring can be the key to success. Choosing to work with a mentor coach will often bring the discipline needed to set goals, monitor progress and stay focused on results that one might not be able to do on his or her own. At the core of mentoring is the belief that individuals can and will succeed when provided the proper supports.
You can be that person! MASSP has designed a training for mentor coaches that prepares participants to provide mentoring and coaching to individuals within our schools, regardless of expertise.
Day #1 - April 30
- Pillars of mentoring, developmental curve, understanding the framework for change
- Four mentoring stances and raising consciousness
- Communication (verbal and non-verbal)
- Questioning and reframing
- Data-based mentoring assessment, elements of mentoring and mentoring cycles
Day #2 - May 1
- Four-step mentoring process followed by patterns of listening
- Reframing statement’s and scenario practice
- Standards-based mentoring
- Roles, rituals, people
- Self-reflection and goal setting
Created and facilitated by Steve Seward, MASSP Associate Director
Participants will earn up to 12 SCECHs after completing both days of training.
MASSP, 1001 Centennial Way, Lansing, MI 48917
MASSP Cancellation Policy
Cancellations made seven (7) calendar days or more in advance of the training date, will receive a 100% refund. Cancellations made after this date, including no-shows, are nonrefundable. Registration fees may be transferred to another individual by contacting the MASSP office at (517) 327-5315.
In the event that MASSP must cancel a training due to unforeseen circumstances, including inclement weather, participants will be refunded the cost of registration or may credit the fee toward an upcoming training. MASSP does not assume responsibility for any additional costs, charges or expenses; to include, charges made for travel and lodging.