Whether you are new to administration, new to your position or simply in need of support, New Principal Connect will address key topics 6 times this year in 60 minute sessions.
MASSP recognizes the importance of supporting those who are new to the profession or administrators who have moved schools that may appreciate some support. The pandemic has made the difficult job of a building administrator even more complex. When you are new and overwhelmed it can be difficult to find a mentor and develop a support network. Principal Connect allows you to make these important connections with statewide colleagues from your desk. These mentoring sessions will be facilitated by MASSP’s Tammy Jackson. Tammy’s many years of leadership experience, her work with MASSP and her passion for supporting leaders makes her an invaluable resource.
September 22: Communication
Communicating effectively is one of the school leader's most essential characteristics. Nearly every criticism of a principal is rooted in poor communication. Principals today have a plethora of communication tools at their fingertips. However, these communication methods have to be fit the situation and the audience.
In session one of the New Principal Connect, participants will explore:
- The skills associated with effective communication
- Communication methods
- Perfecting the message
- Timing of the message
Participants will "walk away" with a communication plan/framework that will improve all aspects of communication when used.
The 6 in 60 sessions are...
- FREE and open to middle and high school building administrators
- Designed for assistant principals and principals with less than 3 years of experience
- Focused on a leadership topic(s)
- Delivered on the Zoom Platform
- An opportunity for networking and connecting with peers statewide
- Practical and will build your skillset
- Inclusive of an MASSP update
Mark your calendar for the New Principal Connect series. Click on the links to register:
- Building Culture (Nov 10)
- Collaboration (Jan 26)
- Difficult Conversations (Feb 23)
- Student Voice (March 16)
- Hiring & Retaining Teachers (May 18)
*Each of these Zoom meetings will take place from 9:30 am – 10:30 am