Whether you are new to administration, new to your position or simply in need of support, New Principal Connect will address key topics 6 times this year in 60 minute sessions.
MASSP recognizes the importance of supporting those who are new to the profession or administrators who have moved schools that may appreciate some support. The pandemic has made the difficult job of a building administrator even more complex. When you are new and overwhelmed it can be difficult to find a mentor and develop a support network. Principal Connect allows you to make these important connections with statewide colleagues from your desk. These mentoring sessions will be facilitated by MASSP’s Tammy Jackson. Tammy’s many years of leadership experience, her work with MASSP and her passion for supporting leaders makes her an invaluable resource.
March 16: Student Voice
Students feel valued when they have authentic opportunities to provide input into the decisions that affect their education. As the most important stakeholder, students can give meaningful feedback about programs and processes. Furthermore, they have the creativity needed to find viable solutions.
In this session of the New Principal Connect, participants will be exposed to situations where student input is essential. Additionally, participants will learn about best practices in collecting and utilizing student input.
The 6 in 60 sessions are...
- FREE and open to middle and high school building administrators
- Designed for assistant principals and principals with less than 3 years of experience
- Focused on a leadership topic(s)
- Delivered on the Zoom Platform
- An opportunity for networking and connecting with peers statewide
- Practical and will build your skillset
- Inclusive of an MASSP update
Mark your calendar for the New Principal Connect series. Click on the links to register:
- Communication (Sep 22)
- Building Culture (Nov 10)
- Collaboration (Jan 26)
- Difficult Conversations (Feb 23)
- Hiring & Retaining Teachers (May 18)
*Each of these Zoom meetings will take place from 9:30 am – 10:30 am