Whether you are new to administration, new to your position or simply in need of support, New Principal Connect will address key topics 6 times this year in 60 minute sessions.
MASSP recognizes the importance of supporting those who are new to the profession or administrators who have moved schools that may appreciate some support. The pandemic has made the difficult job of a building administrator even more complex. When you are new and overwhelmed it can be difficult to find a mentor and develop a support network. Principal Connect allows you to make these important connections with statewide colleagues from your desk. These mentoring sessions will be facilitated by MASSP’s Tammy Jackson. Tammy’s many years of leadership experience, her work with MASSP and her passion for supporting leaders makes her an invaluable resource.
The 6 in 60 sessions are...
- FREE and open to middle and high school building administrators
- Designed for assistant principals and principals with less than 3 years of experience
- Focused on a leadership topic(s)
- Delivered on the Zoom Platform
- An opportunity for networking and connecting with peers statewide
- Practical and will build your skillset
- Inclusive of an MASSP update
February 10th: Difficult Conversations
In education, we thrive when the culture is safe and nurturing. Supporting students and teachers is the main focus of building administrators’ jobs. Unfortunately, doing what is best for students and teachers is not what is always the easiest.
Having difficult conversations is part of the building leader’s responsibility. Those conversations can be made more comfortable when you lay the groundwork through:
- Clear expectations
- Frequent communication
- Transparent beliefs and values
- Conversation framework
Participants will explore the skills necessary to initiate and complete difficult conversations and take away a framework to prepare for those conversations.
Mark your calendar for the New Principal Connect series. Click on the links to register:
- October 7th (Communication)
- November 11th (Building Culture)
- January 13th (Collaboration)
- March 10th (Student Voice)
- April 21st (Parent Relationships)
*Each of these Zoom meetings will take place from 9:30 am – 10:30 am