We have all had that special person in our life who helped to guide and shape us into our best self. They were there to listen, advise and motivate. Now, you can be that person! The Teacher’s Mentoring Through Coaching Institute focuses on the role of an instructional coach and/or mentor in developing the expertise of educators at all stages of their careers. Institute participants learn the necessary skills to be a mentor coach – including how to navigate the nuances of adult learners – which they then use to help other teachers improve their abilities, build capacity and meet their goals through coaching, consulting and collaborating.
[*NOTE: This is a three-day training - participants should plan to be in attendance all three days.]
Day #1 - Feb. 13, 2019
- Pillars of mentoring, developmental curve, understanding the framework for change
- Four mentoring stances and raising consciousness
- Communication (verbal and non-verbal)
- Questioning and reframing
- Data-based mentoring assessment, elements of mentoring and mentoring cycles
Day #2 - Feb. 14, 2019
- Four-step mentoring process followed by patterns of listening
- Reframing statement’s and scenario practice
- Standards-based mentoring
- Roles, rituals, people
- Self-reflection and goal setting
Day #3 - April 15, 2019
- Reconnecting on the impact of coaching on learning
- Stengths-based feedback
- Knowing the “players” and yourself
- Prioritizing next steps and new beginnings
Created and facilitated by Steve Seward, MASSP Associate Director
MASSP Cancellation Policy
Cancellations made seven (7) calendar days or more in advance of the training date, will receive a 100% refund. Cancellations made after this date, including no-shows, are nonrefundable. Registration fees may be transferred to another individual by contacting the MASSP office at (517) 327-5315.
In the event that MASSP must cancel a training due to unforeseen circumstances, including inclement weather, participants will be refunded the cost of registration or may credit the fee toward an upcoming training. MASSP does not assume responsibility for any additional costs, charges or expenses; to include, charges made for travel and lodging.