In last week’s Leader2Leaders webinar, participants learned about the details of the most recent (Feb 4) epidemic order and subsequent guidance from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) and got a practical review of what these new provisions mean for schools. Joining MASSP for this webinar included:
- Mark Uyl, Executive Director of MASSP
- Vic Michaels, Asst. Superintendent, Archdiocese of Detroit Catholic Schools
Some key takeaways from the webinar included:
- A review of the specific testing and masking requirements with details for each MHSAA sport (and some decision-making parameters for non-MHSAA sports).
- The details of masking requirements for non-athletes including coaches, staff, and referees.
- A rundown of rules regarding spectators including crowd limits, spacing, masking, and concessions and how those rules vary by venue.
- A rundown on winter sports season schedules and a preview of what upcoming spring sports schedules could look like.
- Advice and considerations for building administrators on what implementation of winter athletics may look like.
Written by Ryan Cayce, MASSP Director of Digital Learning and Resources