Whether you are new to administration, new to your position or simply in need of support, New Principal Connect will address key topics 6 times this year in 60 minute sessions.
MASSP recognizes the importance of supporting those who are new to the profession or administrators who have moved schools that may appreciate some support. The pandemic has made the difficult job of a building administrator even more complex. When you are new and overwhelmed it can be difficult to find a mentor and develop a support network. Principal Connect allows you to make these important connections with statewide colleagues from your desk. These mentoring sessions will be facilitated by MASSP’s Tammy Jackson. Tammy’s many years of leadership experience, her work with MASSP and her passion for supporting leaders makes her an invaluable resource.
The 6 in 60 sessions are:
- FREE and open to middle and high school building administrators
- Designed for assistant principals and principals with less than 3 years of experience
- Focused on a leadership topic(s)
- Delivered on the Zoom Platform
- An opportunity for networking and connecting with peers statewide
- Practical and will build your skillset
- Inclusive of an MASSP update
Mark your calendar for the New Principal Connect series. Click on the links to register:
- October 7 | Key Topic: Communication
- November 11 | Key Topic: Building Culture
- January 13 | Key Topic: Collaboration
- February 10 | Key Topic: Difficult Conversations
- March 10 | Key Topic: Student Voice
- April 21 | Key Topic: Parent Relationships
Each of these Zoom meetings will take place from 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Written by Wendy Zdeb, MASSP Executive Director