The teacher shortage and a re-investment in career and technical education have brought industry experts to our classrooms with technical expertise but often lacking the knowledge of teaching and learning pedagogy commonly acquired in teacher prep programs. Many principals who have hired non-traditionally certified staff are looking for ways to support these teachers who are often in stand-alone courses and unique subject areas. There may also be situations when a traditionally certified teacher may have a gap in their preparation and more direct support is needed. To meet these needs, MASSP has developed the Teacher+ modules which are designed to provide educational practitioners with the core knowledge, skills, tools, and dispositions necessary to create and enhance teaching and learning in all grade levels and contents.
The Teacher+ content consists of six carefully crafted online modules that can be accessed by PK-12 teachers statewide via Michigan Virtual. Each of the modules consists of readings, self-reflection, planning, implementation, and goal setting. The modules build upon the educators’ core knowledge in key areas, including classroom environment and culture, student engagement, lesson design, assessment, culturally responsive teaching, and professional collaboration and evidence-based decision making.
Engaging in continuous learning is paramount when supporting the growth of others and oneself. If you are seeking an authentic and practical learning opportunity, you will not want to miss the chance to engage in the new, Teacher+, on-line learning modules created by team MASSP. The modules are relevant, flexible, facilitated, and designed with the practitioner in mind.
- Designed for CTE teachers, teachers in years 1-3 of their careers, and those with specific IDP needs
- Enabling educators to engage in learning around exemplary instructional practices, through the sharing resources, planning, and engaging in reflection and feedback.
WHAT SETS THE TEACHER+ MODULES APART
- Designed around current research and follows a predictable flow consisting of readings, self-reflection, implementation, and goal setting.
- Facilitated by Steve Seward. Individualized feedback is provided on all submissions and adaptations will be made based on the unique needs and circumstances of each educator.
- Personalized or groups coaching, collaborating, and consulting, via phone &/or email.
- Not “tech-savvy” no worries MASSPs Ryan Cayce is here to support to answer any and all questions related to the on-line tool (Michigan Virtual)
- Modules are competency-based to ensure application of learned skills and content
SPECIAL TEACHER+ INTRODUCTORY PRICING
- $100 introductory rate (That’s a $150 discount!)
- 20 SCECHS will be awarded upon successful module completion (included in the price).
- Badging Micro-credentials will be awarded (included in the price).
TEACHER+ MODULE OVERVIEW
- Modules can be taken in the suggested sequence, can be intermixed, and can be taken as individual modules based on needs and desired learning outcomes.
- Modules are four weeks in length.
- Modules follow a predictable flow with readings, self-reflection and goal setting, documentation of learning, Tweeting of learning.
- Modules are connected to the National Board Teaching Standards as well as various state observation and evaluation tools
LEARN MORE ABOUT TEACHER+ & HOW TO SIGN-UP
- MASSP will host a webinar on May 5, 2020 at 1:00 via Zoom;
- Questions regarding content, please contact Steve Seward at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 616-443-2331
- Questions regarding registration, please contact Alyssa Schoenherr email@example.com or call 517-327-5315
Written by Steve Seward, MASSP Associate Director