Participants learned about the details of the most recent (Feb 4) epidemic order and subsequent guidance from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) and got a practical review of what these new provisions mean for schools. Joining MASSP for this webinar included:
- Mark Uyl, Executive Director of MASSP
- Vic Michaels, Asst. Superintendent, Archdiocese of Detroit Catholic Schools
Some key takeaways from the webinar included:
- A review of the specific testing and masking requirements with details for each MHSAA sport (and some decision-making parameters for non-MHSAA sports).
- The details of masking requirements for non-athletes including coaches, staff, and referees.
- A rundown of rules regarding spectators including crowd limits, spacing, masking, and concessions and how those rules vary by venue.
- A rundown on winter sports season schedules and a preview of what upcoming spring sports schedules could look like.
- Advice and considerations for building administrators on what implementation of winter athletics may look like.
MHSAA Slide Deck