As you move forward with planning the 2020-2021 school year, we understand that each school district and building may look different than your typical school year. We wanted to take a moment to emphasize that we are here to support you and your district’s needs. Although supervision and evaluation may be the furthest thing from your mind right now, here are some quick reminders of how Pivot may be used in a traditional classroom setting or virtual environment.
- You can log into Pivot from anywhere you have wifi connectivity.
- You can access the 5D instructional framework and 5D+ rubric directly or as a pdf within Pivot.
- We will be adding the ability to mark observations as "virtual."
- Teachers and evaluators can add documents or link to videos/files and attach them to their rubric.
- Evaluators can record/take photos from phone/tablet during an observation.
- Evaluators can share an observation to receive responses to noticing and wonderings prior to writing feedback and finalizing observation.
- Teachers and evaluators can be notified via email when a growth plan, evaluation etc. is ready for action.
- Evaluators and staff members have the ability to digitally sign their observations.
- Evaluators can check the status of their staff’s evaluations in one place.
To support building and district leaders in supporting teacher growth and student learning during a Pandemic, MASSP has designed this virtual workshop specific to observation and feedback best practices. During this workshop, we will review statutory requirements, demo tips and tricks for collecting, analyzing and using evidence within Pivot, and address questions. Participants will receive a copy of the MASSP’s 5D/5D+ Guide to Better Teaching During a Pandemic.
Any administrator who performs 5D/D+ evaluations
Anywhere you or your team are comfortable!
Looking for Other 5D/D+ Dates?