Whether you are new to administration, new to your position or simply in need of support, New Principal Connect will address key topics 6 times this year in 60 minute sessions.
MASSP recognizes the importance of supporting those who are new to the profession or administrators who have moved schools that may appreciate some support. The pandemic has made the difficult job of a building administrator even more complex. When you are new and overwhelmed it can be difficult to find a mentor and develop a support network. Principal Connect allows you to make these important connections with statewide colleagues from your desk. These mentoring sessions will be facilitated by MASSP’s Tammy Jackson. Tammy’s many years of leadership experience, her work with MASSP and her passion for supporting leaders makes her an invaluable resource.
The 6 in 60 sessions are...
- FREE and open to middle and high school building administrators
- Designed for assistant principals and principals with less than 3 years of experience
- Focused on a leadership topic(s)
- Delivered on the Zoom Platform
- An opportunity for networking and connecting with peers statewide
- Practical and will build your skillset
- Inclusive of an MASSP update
January 13th: Collaboration
School leaders need to build a culture of collaboration to ensure shared responsibility. It isn’t possible or recommended that building leaders assume sole responsibility for all aspects.
During this session, participants will learn strategies to share leadership responsibility through the development of:
- Student leadership team.
- Staff empowerment.
- Celebration of accomplishments.
- Use of technology.
- Parent communication.
Participants will leave this session with useful tips to initiate genuine shared leadership through stakeholder collaboration.
Mark your calendar for the New Principal Connect series. Click on the links to register:
- October 7th (Communication)
- November 11th (Building Culture)
- February 10th (Difficult Conversations)
- March 10th (Student Voice)
- April 21st (Parent Relationships)
*Each of these Zoom meetings will take place from 9:30 am – 10:30 am