***SAVE THE DATE***
October 5, 2020
Tha Lansing Center
Registration Opening Soon
This event seeks to provide a unique opportunity for building principals, counselors, student leadership advisers and student leaders to come together to discuss and seek solutions for student mental health concerns impacting our schools.
Who Should Attend?
A team from each school inclusive of: Principal, Counselor, Student Leadership Adviser and 3-5 student leaders.
Data Trends and School Assessment
Kevin Fischer: Student Mental Health trends by the numbers
Suicide and Depression: Eric Hipple
Screenagers -Technology Addiction: Delaney Ruston
Understanding the Teenage Brain and Its Impact on Mental Health: Dr. Hammond
Summit Breakout Topics
A call for presentations will go out seeking schools with programming in place to share their best practice on the following topics:
- Community Resources & Support Networks
- Stress Release, Mindfulness and School/life Balance
- Effects of Digital Media
- Supporting Students with Chronic Health Issues
- Supporting Students with a Mental Illness Diagnosis
- Suicide Awareness and Responsiveness
- Trauma-Informed Schools/ACES programming
- Addiction: Indicators and Prevention
Seeking presentations from schools with established and successful programming on student mental health related topics for both Middle and High Schools. For more information and to submit, click here
Looking for our MS Student Mental Health Summit on October 6th, 2020?