Think of it as the College Board Portal 101. In this workshop, participants learn how to find the reports, what reports give you the most actionable data, some initial protocols for breaking down test results and easy-to-use activities that can be repeated with staff during professional development. Additional resources are also provided for sharing results with students and parents. (NOTE: For long-time members, this is MASSP’s original “Data Protocol Workshop.”)
- Explore the College Board’s Reporting Portal
- Discuss how to compare/ contrast local scores with the college readiness benchmarks and make score comparisons to “like schools”
- Learn how to identify students in need of intervention and/or advanced coursework
- Analyze curricular and instructional strengths and gaps, as well as student misconceptions
- Create a data protocol for identifying items of strength and weakness, in order to analyze student learning needs, address discrepancies within curriculum and instruction, and establish objectives for school improvement
- Review support materials and resources for staff, students and parents
Middle and High School Administrators, ELA/Math Teacher Leaders and Curriculum Directors
9-10:15 College Board Scores and Benchmarks
10:30-12:00 Instructional Planning
12:30-1:45 Question Analysis
2:00-3:00 Item Analysis and Charting of PSAT/SAT Strengths and Weaknesses
What participants have said...
"Our staff has looked at our PSAT/SAT data in the past, but there wasn’t a process and we didn’t involve all staff members. I’m looking forward to getting our whole staff into the portal on our next PD day and following the protocol from the workshop. We will be much more productive!"
1001 Centennial Way
Lansing, MI 48917
MASSP Cancellation Policy
Cancellations made seven (7) calendar days or more in advance of the training date, will receive a 100% refund. Cancellations made after this date, including no-shows, are nonrefundable. Registration fees may be transferred to another individual by contacting the MASSP office at (517) 327-5315.
In the event that MASSP must cancel a training due to unforeseen circumstances, including inclement weather, participants will be refunded the cost of registration or may credit the fee toward an upcoming training. MASSP does not assume responsibility for any additional costs, charges or expenses; to include, charges made for travel and lodging.